2010-11-28

Workbook

I love having a workbook :) I use the small book for almost all the courses. It may look a bit unorganized at the first sigh but I like to skim through older work and ideas before I start something new so that system is perfect for me. I also glue everything inside I drew seperately.

I really put some effort in a lot of these drawings because I think of them as good practice in skribbeling my ideas and also in life drawing.

Here are some of my favorite drawings I drew and glued in the workbookI have here in Finland and what I use for studying on the university of Lapland:

Let's start with berries :D

I tried to simplify four different kinds of berries for a project:
Photobucket
This was a first naturalistic drawing I did. I wanted to get a feeling for the characteristics of each berry.


Photobucket
A bit more simplified. I really don't like the black lineart here :O


Photobucket
And the final :)

In the end we didn't use them for the project but I don't regret doing these drawings. It was a good opportunity to practice a bit with color pencils.


Photobucket

Photobucket
I tried to develope a font for the same project :) Maybe you can guess now, what this project is about ;) I found some very pretty letters in sketches from the famous finnish painter Akseli Gallen-Kallela. I tried to develope some more letters and fitting numbers. Calligraphy is definitely not my biggest passion *lol* most of the numbers look very clumsy but it was worth trying.


Photobucket
A bear :D I had to build a bear out of wood and fabric for another project. The final thing turned out very weird because it was just an experiment and I didn't have much time and experience but I'm pleased how this drawing turned out :)


Photobucket
This drawing has been done for the same project as the bear but the idea was not realized.


And now time for ducks :D When I went to the Wildlife park here I was very fascinated of the pretty ducks they had there. I really wanted to do a project about them. In the end, we decided to do something else but as you can see, I really ejoyed drawing all different kinds of ducks (and swans):

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

This is a picture from the Kalevala, the Finish national epic :) It is said in the Kalevala that the world was born from the egg of a duck:
Photobucket

OK :)
That's it for today. Sorry for the flood of pictures :O Believe me, it's just a small part of what I'm doing here, I'm not lazy at all :)

bye
Kathi

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...