2010-12-06

Finnish Playing Cards

Hello hello :)

I'm really sorry for not updating my comics for such a long time. I was very busy last week and still try to catch up with the comics I missed.

But I have something else to post about <3 I already gave a hint last time that I've been working on a cardgame for university :) It was a teamwork for the finnish design course. We had to take some piece of design and redesign it as finnish as possible. I really loved the subject and working with the other girls was a lot of fun. The presentation was last wednesday and my team got a 5 (the best grade here). I'm really proud of what we did in this short time.

We decided to redesign the classic french playing cards and we didn't take it too serious ;) First I want to introduce our Jokers. The Moomins, one of Finlands biggest export hits ;) Photobucket

Photobucket


We also redisgned the signs for the cards. Instead of Clubs, Diamonds, Hearts and Spades we have used signs you can find on Sami drums from the stoneage: The Lappish Hut, the Sun, the Snow Chrystal and the Magic Sign :)

I won't post all 55 cards *laughs* that would be boring, but I really want to show you the illustrations I did for ours "Jacks, Queens and Kings" :)

Sun

Photobucket

Photobucket
Mika Häkkinen (race car driver)

Photobucket
Armi Kuusela (First Miss Univers)

Photobucket
Väinämöinen (Character from the national epic Kalevala)


Snow Chrystal

Photobucket

Photobucket
Alvar Aalto (Designer and Architect)

Photobucket
Minna Canth (Novelist and fighter for woman rights)

Photobucket
Lordi (Hard Rock singer)


Magic Sign

Photobucket

Photobucket
Jean Sibelius (Composer)

Photobucket
Aino (Character from the Kalevala)

Photobucket
Bishop Hendrik (Catholic Saint)


Lappish Hut

Photobucket

Photobucket
Karl Fazer (Chocolatier)

Photobucket
Tarja Halonen (President of Finland)

Photobucket
Santa Claus (The biggest moneymaker)

Thank you for the great teamwork
Jinyi Su
Ruth Sari
Hare Eminoglu

:)

bye
Kathi

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...