2011-02-19

Zodiac Warrior

Hi :)

Do you know the conceptart.org forum? It's a great place where you can find a lot of amazing (digital) artists from all over the world. They host some weekly challenges there, so as I have the time, I decided to participate in a few to challenge myself :D

So the subject of last week's Character of the Week was Zodiac Warrior!
I chose Pisces because that's my own sign!

Here are some steps of my work :)

Photobucket
The lineart is done by hand. I really suck when it comes to digital inks and sketches so I prefer my pencils.

Some color steps:
Photobucket
Some fast Skribble Skrabble to get an idea of the colors.


Photobucket
It needed far more contrast.


Photobucket
I start rendering.

Photobucket
Almost done. I decided to get rid of the lineart


And the final painting:
Photobucket
Maybe it's a little bit too much with all the bubbles, textures, the glow and so on, but I still quite like, how the whole thing turned out :)

I sadly didn't have as much time for it as I wanted, so the anatomy is sloppy and the rendering is not perfect, but it was a lot of fun to get back into digital painting :)

Bye bye
Kathi

1 Kommentar:

  1. oh mann, kathi, das ist wunderschön! das licht und die farbe sind geil! wie lange hast du gebraucht das bild zu malen?

    AntwortenLöschen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...